> Additionally, we could use that to start running precommit checks on
Jenkins whenever a new patch is put up.
This is a good idea, but we don't want to do this for every patch I'd say.
We encourage people to submit patches early, probably with failing tests
and nocommits. We probably want an explicit trigger.
> Patch Available JIRA state
In your mind, who is setting this state? automatically or by the user? I
fear this could just become an extra step that could complicate the process
> See Apache Yetus for how this might work
Didn't know it, it looks like the right tool. +1