Martin -

Interesting test but I couldn’t copy/paste it in to try it out as it uses some
logging and APIs that aren’t already in the project and classpath of these
lucene tests within that queries module (within IntelliJ, mind you).

I was able to resolve the misunderstanding (and .equals/.hashCode bugs) so
everything is working as expected with SpanPayloadCheckQuery for me now.   Do
your tests point out an issue?   Or confirming that it is working properly at a
lower level?

        Erik