Well, I have created SOLR-14783 (Remove DIH from 9.0) and am busily
learning magic gradle commands to make that happen without leaving
behind random crumbs.  Once that lands, I will do Jira search on all
DIH still-open tasks after that and close them pointing to the said
Jira.

So, I guess somebody better -1 the Jira if they really want that one
to stay until ... ? And then read very carefully through SIP-10 of
which, this is just a first step.

In general, maybe we can manage to do so many new features and cleanup
in 9 that will make Solr TLP look like a great Big Bang moment...

And it will probably take a little longer to achieve that, so the -
effective - deprecation schedule would still be ok.

Regards,
   Alex.