Hi Yuting,
thanks for your feedback.
For your information, we have a general issue to improve our contribution
workflow: LUCENE-10543 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-10543>,
and this is actually a sub-task of it.
You and anyone can contribute to it by leaving comments, creating
documentation or instruction for developers, or whatever else (if you'd
like!).

I'll try to keep this thread a safe place for everyone though, I'd
especially appreciate feedback from newcomers like Vigya and Yuting, since
I understand and remember it is more difficult (and sometimes fearful) to
join discussions for new developers than long-time contributors.

Tomoko