Hello guys,

Indeed, the GWT port is work in progress and far from done. The driving
factor here was to be able to later integrate luke into the solr admin as
well as have the standalone webapp for non-solr users.
There is (was?) a luke stats handler in the solr ui, that printed some
stats on the index. That could be substituted with the GWT app.

The code isn't yet ready to see the light. So if it makes more sense for
Ajay to work on the existing jira with the Apache Pivot implementation, I
would say go ahead.

In the current port effort (the aforementioned github's fork) the UI is the
original one, developed by Andrzej.  Beside the UI rework there is plenty
things to port / verify (like e.g. Hadoop plugin) against the latest lucene
versions.

See the readme.md: https://github.com/dmitrykey/luke

Whichever way's taken, hopefully we end up having stable releases of luke :)

Dmitry Kan