Hi Cor, Jeffrey, all,

Cor Nouws wrote:

The only thing we do know, ist that OOo 2.x doesn't have one. So giving good info for people standing up with their hands up in the air 'what to do now' is very usefull.

Pls see this for a start:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing--ToDo#Marketing_Material

I am glad to see you starting up documents for dealing with PIM integration issue.

Place to display the document when finished:
If the issue of PIM is raised by many users, the best place to have the answer for it is the FAQ pages located here: http://www.openoffice.org/faq.html

After having an acceptable response drafted in the wiki, I suggest creating an item in the FAQ pages so that we reference everybody asking.

Existing answers:
Aside from the link Cor provided to the OOoauthors, I saw in the existing FAQ a question about where have the email and scheduler from Star Office 5.2 gone:

http://www.openoffice.org/FAQs/faq-source.html#10
This answer can be a start for the why PIM is missing: the project has concentrated efforts on delivering the best three components writer, impress, calc....etc.

Approach to use:
I think the best is indeed to briefly state that we do not have PIM due to being dedicated to delivering the best core components (as above) and then offer the list of existing applications for each platform and especially for Windows.

Thanks for starting the draft the response!
Please let me know how else I may help you.

Best,
Cristian

GReetings,
Cor