Hello,

Ian Lynch a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 13:24 +0200, Charles Schulz wrote:
>

>>> Except that there is not a NLC for England, for example.
>>>

>> Then refer to OOo Team.
>>

> In Germany! Great I am an English citizen and I have to refer to OOo
> Team in Germany who publish no accounts and give me no idea whether
> money raised in England would ever be spent on English priorities.

Well, that, I'm sure, can be worked out. I don't think the OOoTeam
people are stupid and they can certainly agree on some marketing actions
in the UK.

>>  And besides, that's not true. There is a Welsh
>> Native-Lang project and a Scottish Gaelic one. If England hadn't invaded
>> and spoiled the Welsh and the Scots we wouldn't have this problem... :-P
>>

> I would expect the NL lead to be a bit more sensitive in terms of race
> relations, I'm English, not Welsh and certainly not Scottish. You want
> to look at some of the politics involved in the Scottish and Welsh
> National Assemblies. OOo could learn from it. God forbid I should say
> anything similar about the French :-p

Well, first of all, it's interesting to refer to the Welsh, the Scottish
and the English as being of different *races*. Very interesting indeed.
Second, the NLC is about representing every language except english, so
I'm a bit covered up here, and third, I was just joking. I know Brits
can bash the French all the way and I'm sure you got plenty of that in
store yourself... :-)

Best,
Charles.