On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 22:21 +1200, Graham Lauder wrote:
[snip]
> I always liked the slogan:  "OpenOffice.org: Your Next Office Upgrade"
> or perhaps "OpenOffice.org 2.3: Your latest Office Upgrade"

I think this is on the right lines. One of the key themes in OOo's
marketing strategy is that office suites are a mature product, and are
greatly overspecified for most users. If users only ever use 20% of the
functionality of their copy of MS-Office, why should they change to OOo?

We need some trigger point. Maybe MS's anti-piracy campaigns make them
worry about their illegal copes of MS-O. Maybe they have just bought a
new PC and can't work out how to transfer their old copy of MS-O. Maybe
they are a teacher who wants to give all students a level playing field,
and get coursework returned in the same format.

Graham's suggestion fits in perfectly with this idea of trigger points -
"we're there when you need us".

John
--
John McCreesh