sophie wrote (7-1-2009 22:32)
Cor Nouws wrote:
The message to bring across is: Great software; Easy to use; Free

imho not only, this a baner to be used on every purpose: developers,
contributors, business

Yes - those can be included in the message 'great software'.

Some ideas: 'Business ready'; 'your next office suite'
'80+ languages' (double + will often not be understand)
[...]

I think emphasizing can be done best with different font sizes (as you
suggest above) and effects. No tags.

I don't understand No tags?

I though of tags as, e.g. dash, star, arrow ..

When done by good hands, it is also visual attractive.

Furthermore I suggest to leave out the version number '3'.
 - thus the banner can be used longer (if wanted)
 - it will be distinctive from future versions of OOo by design.

Mybe something more can be done with the design.
With due respect to Jacek, I payed a bit with the coloured balls. Just
as idea.
See
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Conferences/FOSDEM/2009#Banner_Design

I like it! may be make it more oxygen (or champagne ;-) like by putting
the big bubble at the bottom and letting smaller ones reaching the top
small ones.

Thanks!
Most important IMO is harmonizing with the waves under OpenOffice.org

Ciao,
Cor
--
Cor Nouws    -    nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
=  "2008: The Year of 3"  =  www.nieuwsteoffice.nl  =