On Thursday 08 January 2009 14:19:10 Volker Merschmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2009/1/8 Juergen Schmidt <juergen.schm...@sun.com>:
> > i have uploaded a further draft from Jacek (i think it should be "future
> > is free")
> >
> > And two further drafts for keychains.
>
> I dislike the font used for "www.openoffice.org". This is not the one
> we usually use, but I don't know the name. Even after looking at
> http://ui.openoffice.org/VisualDesign/OOo_brand.html
>
> Regards
>
> Volker

The original Logo font is Frutiger, but unfortunately it's not an open
licensed font.  A new font IMO would be a good thing. We did experiment with
others that were a close match to the original, mainly from the Bitstream
Vera and Deja vu families.  However, although close they never looked quite
right and I think that won't change unless it's exactly the same.

I think therefore that it's time we looked at another font that's entirely
different and won't be immediately compared to the old one.  Time for a fresh
look.  And my opinion on that has been strengthened given the look of
Jacek's designs.  And the font used needs to be under an open license

Cheers
GL

--
"The Best Things in life are 3"
http://why.openoffice.org

ISO 26300 compliant

Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Assessor Trainer
(International Grades in Office Technologies)
www.theingots.org.nz