On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 7:18 PM, John McCreesh<jp...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> On Mon, July 13, 2009 19:03, Per Eriksson wrote:
> [snip]
>> I would start an effort to make the why site much simpler. More like a
>> guide. If you are a specific role this is covered on different more
>> in-depth pages.
>>
>> John, I'd be happy to provide a sketch with my ideas for the why site.
>
> Go for it. There's an 'ideas for Why' section in the wiki:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Why
>
> John
> --
> John McCreesh - Marketing Project Lead - OpenOffice.org
> Developers - join us! see http://council.openoffice.org/developers.html

I think mozilla is doing a great job because they focus on activities
and that is usually fun. I tried to get some of our funds to really
put the marketing efforts on a next level but seems this wasn't a top
priority.

I still think that the online community want to see our developers
code and explain how to code in OOo.

They want to see spokesman/woman talking about the ease of useness for
regular people without tricks and difficulties.

And of course the services that we provide are stillnot productize
like the free support you get on the forums and mailing lists.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol