Lars,

Newsletter gets a web page, news letter is published as a web page, the
URL is sent to the mailing list with a plain text version underneath
but this would imply that I have to create the newsletter twice. A simple text version and a HTML page. This is what I wanted to avoid.

Kay

Lars Nooden wrote:
Zhang Weiwu wrote:
... at which time I believe those who said they prefer HTML
are either not able to identify the beauty in plain text or lying to me
to justify their doing of sending HTML with bold red color.

Or just plain wrong.  That's a third option.  If those people had been
given IT support that could provide them with a web page to publish
their material on, there would be no temptation to use e-mail as a
surrogate for a file system, which is what the proposal at hand really
boils down to.  ( Again, assuming it's not just trolling for the sake of
trolling. )

Newsletter gets a web page, news letter is published as a web page, the
URL is sent to the mailing list with a plain text version underneath.

Accessible by all.  Works on all systems.  Or maybe those are two of the
"problems" the proposal wishes to address.

Regards
-Lars

Sun Microsystems GmbH                   Kay Koll
Nagelsweg 55                            Technical Marketing
20097 Hamburg Cloud Systems Germany Phone: +49 (0)40 23 646 742
http://www.sun.de                       Mobile: +49 (0)172 831 45 60
mailto:kay.k...@sun.com                 Fax: +49 (0)40 23 646 750

Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Wolf Frenkel