Hi Lars, *

Lars Nooden schrieb:
[...]

Security, cost, accessibility, and interoperability are three of the
areas that take huge hits from HTML mail.[...]

Of course you are right - HTML mail is not necessary to provide information and can carry more than the simple information, dangerous code included.

But I'm quite sure that there will be interest in an HTML newsletter, if we provide it.

And the people interested in this kind of information are more likely the people we want to convince to use OOo (or to contribute to the project) than the others knowing about the advantages of text mail.

I don't think that HTML mail per se is necessarily dangerous - we don't need to include any such code IMHO. And the people interested in this format will probably get other HTML mail that might contain these threats - whether we provide a HTML mail or not.

So it's a decision between political straightforwardness and a marketing chance to reach people we wouldn't reach otherwise.

Best regards

Bernhard