Hmmm this is very interesting ...
I tend to use OOo Draw for most of my desktop publishing needs -
flyers, brochures, catalogs etc.

I prefer the control over placement of text boxes, images and other
objects on the page compared to OOo Writer.

Writer is useful for DTP requiring a lot of text and maybe a few images.

DTP documents made in Draw look far nicer than in Writer in my
opinion.  Plus - once you save in PDF it will work on virtually any
computer.

Best wishes
Hamish