On 1/8/10, Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
>> For this reason i would like to request a funding of ~650 Euro from the
>> marketing budget for stand crew members to cover their travel expenses.
>
> to me, it looks ok. Who did you take into account? According to
>
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Conferences/FOSDEM/2010#Team
>
> we might need a little bit more, so I propose to request 700 €, which
> gives us some "room" to work with. Unused money can go back to the project.
>
> Florian

Just a note along the lines, the free software foundation do this
every event they are and even if the items are overpriced everyone
understand the price and products are a simbolic transaction for what
really is a donation to the project.

FSF is pretty successful with this scheme same as other foundations
like Mozilla. A very old proposal I had for OOo Marketing (almost 2
years ago) is to build a store for OOo.  Mozilla generates around 2
million dollars a year with theirs.

Of course is more than just tshirts but also stuffed animals, cups,
stickers, caps, batches etc.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Espa&ntilde;ol