On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:03 AM, Cor Nouws <oo...@nouenoff.nl> wrote:
Hi all,

Peter Junge wrote (10-01-10 03:28)

Alexandro's request seems to be quite reasonable, at least.
+1

Not for me.
I miss any reason why someone from Mexico should go to Los Angeles, there is
no clear outsight on networking resulting in local/regional activity, I see

Last time there was a call for participation in California I was the only one involved (and Ben Horst later join in) which was in Googleplex around 1 year ago. http://www.kdenews.org/2008/01/21/closing-day-release-event

on the topic of networking, I have been actively pushing efforts of having
OpenOffice.org people on american podcasts such as Linux Action Show, Lotta
Linux Links and The Linux link tech show including Andy pitonyak, Solveig
Haugland, and Louis. http://tllts.org/wiki/index.php?n=Main.PastGuests

I have participate in talks in the past at NTLUG (Northern Texas Linux User
Group) in Dallas giving talks about OpenOffice.org and coordinated the
OpenOffice.org track on the Lindependence 2008.
http://www.ntlug.org/Calendar/20061216
http://www.lindependence.net/
no representation of the project, I see no efforts (or reports of that)
about contacting people out there ...

Well actually I still have been contacing Ryan, the ex-west coast USA lead for
shaping BizDev and developing further in the US. Last but not least we are
forming the OOo USA NLC although still in very early stages with support from
Drew Jensen from OOo DBA and OOo Forums, Ben Horst, and plan to get involved
Anthony Long (East Coast Marcon) and others. One of the goal was to have a
representation in most of the american events including SCALE, OSCON, OLF,
South East Linux Fest, etc.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Marketing/USA/MeetingLog1

Maybe that all is available, but until then ...

- 1

Regards,
Cor

--
 >> Your office 2010 software: the new OpenOffice.org <<

Cor Nouws
 - nl.OpenOffice.org marketing contact
 - Community Council member