Hi

Some ideas and thoughts. Pls excuse my writing as I am dyslexic

> reusable, sign for around $51.00.  I say reusable so that it can be used
for, >hopefully, other events during the year.

Yes, we should try for the ALA conference every year or alternate year. We
can also exhibit at a ALA regional event in between the national ALA
conference. It would be a good idea to try and get other "larger sponsors"
to help with this effort. Showing face consistently at these exhibits can
only help show that we are really around and serious. One hit might not have
much impact.

Some signage for ODF would also be good. I think Louis is correct, ODF is a
tactical tool to help OOo get adopted.  A display showing the success  of
ODF adoption in other countries including OOo and/or a presentation I think
would be beneficial. In fact, it might surprise many to see just how wide
spread the adoption of ODF is and hence make  our effort   more convincing.

Open Access is a popular movement amongst many Librarians and getting
stronger. It is obvious that the dominant Office Suite restricts Open
Access. This might be one point/theme we would  want to put emphasis on.

In general, I believe we would have better success pitching the adoption of
OOo at the conference to poorer rural libraries that visit the booth, than
large ones with huge IT teams i.e. NY Public library

Russell