WorldLabel.com wrote:

> Open Access is a popular movement amongst many Librarians and getting
> stronger. It is obvious that the dominant Office Suite restricts Open
> Access. This might be one point/theme we would  want to put emphasis on.

Or that OOo and ODF enable OpenAccess.  The written material produced by
University faculty is the university's most valuable and most expensive
asset and open formats extend the lifespan of those assets, thus .

Even if the new competitor to ODF were open, an 8000 page specification
with virtually zero re-use of existing standards is in practice
unimplementable.  Seeing as the proponent of that competing
specification can't even implement it, it can be dismissed and those
floating it as an option can be dismissed either as unserious or
unknowledgeable or both -- albeit in a more diplomatic manner.

/Lars