Hi Russell,

WorldLabel.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some ideas and thoughts. Pls excuse my writing as I am dyslexic

I know how that goes as I have the same problem.

>> reusable, sign for around $51.00.  I say reusable so that it can be used
> for, >hopefully, other events during the year.
>
> Yes, we should try for the ALA conference every year or alternate year. We
> can also exhibit at a ALA regional event in between the national ALA
> conference. It would be a good idea to try and get other "larger sponsors"
> to help with this effort. Showing face consistently at these exhibits can
> only help show that we are really around and serious. One hit might not have
> much impact.

I agree that we need to start having a presents at these and other like
events.

> Some signage for ODF would also be good. I think Louis is correct, ODF is a
> tactical tool to help OOo get adopted.  A display showing the success  of
> ODF adoption in other countries including OOo and/or a presentation I think
> would be beneficial. In fact, it might surprise many to see just how wide
> spread the adoption of ODF is and hence make  our effort   more convincing.

I agree, but how to incorporate it in the sign?

> Open Access is a popular movement amongst many Librarians and getting
> stronger. It is obvious that the dominant Office Suite restricts Open
> Access. This might be one point/theme we would  want to put emphasis on.

I have just mailed out 30 disk to a university in PA for an Open Source
panel discussion that is planed for next month.  I hope to be able get
the poc there to help develop some marketing ideas for other such groups.

> In general, I believe we would have better success pitching the adoption of
> OOo at the conference to poorer rural libraries that visit the booth, than
> large ones with huge IT teams i.e. NY Public library

I believe your right and that is who we need to reach.

Andy