Hi Maho,

Maho NAKATA wrote on 2010-06-16 04.27:

I'm the project lead of ja.oo.o, and I'd like to request 1000
Euro for Terada-san's top page renewal work for http://ja.openoffice.org/ .

Following instruction
at
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets,
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Community_Council/Funding_And_Budgets/Budget_2010
here is the relevant infomation..

* status: it's already committed.
* what the expenditure is for top page renewal
* where the good/services should be delivered: http://ja.openoffice.org/
* which budget category it falls under: General Marketing
* value / currency including taxes: 1000Euro
* Supplier name: Terada Kazuhiro

I'm a bit undetermined of this request. It always gets complicated when money is used for work that has been (or can be) done on a volunteer basis.

Peter is right, we need to be careful to create precedence cases that we cannot satisfy. On the other hand, we run many bounties, offering money for newcomers (like the Internship Programme or the Documentation Bounty), while other long-term contributors are without compensation for their work except travel fundings, and are even required to cover part of their costs on their own.

I know quite a lot people working on the websites, having improved the website several times in their free time, redesigned it twices in the DE project, and never received a single cent. When they see that money is spent for other projects, this might cause some problems.

I'm a bit in fear of people requesting more and more money and not working voluntarily anymore, thus I'm generally sceptical to these requests.

On the other hand, I see that for some cases there might be a need.

That said, I'm still a bit undetermined. Sorry for being so annoying here, but can you elaborate a bit on what exactly has been done? The amount of 1.000 € sounds quite high to me, so I would love to hear what exactly has been done and how much time it took approximately.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead