On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 20:06 +0800, Peter Junge wrote:

> I think Ian's idea is to top-up OOo community budgets with fundings from
> the EU. That would indeed be great. I'm not an expert on that but AFAIK
> publicly funded projects usually include temporary, sometimes part time,
> employment options.

Hi Peter,

Normally an EU project pays 75% of the employment costs of people in the
following categories - Manager, Researcher, Technical, Admin. with a
maximum daily rate in each depending on the country.

eg in Bulgaria it is

79, 71, 55, 37 Euros

in Spain

295, 265, 204, 143

Higher in the UK and Germany.

75% just means that you demonstrate you did 100 days and got paid by the
grant for 75 of them.

Up to 30% of the project can be subcontracted although in practice its
usually a lot less. Subcontracts up to 12000 Euros do not need to be
tendered. Typically subcontracts are used for translations, professional
consultancy and such like.

This is why it is difficult to delegate work from a project to just
anyone in the community. You have to say at the application stage who is
getting paid for what and how much budget goes to each partner. There is
some flexibility though through subcontracting.

--
Ian
Ofqual Accredited IT Qualifications