On 6/21/10 11:52 AM, Ivan M wrote:
Hi all,

With OpenOffice.org's 10th anniversary coming up and the gathering at
OOoCon, I was wondering about the possibility of creating a short
film/video marking this milestone - a brief history of the project -
past, present and future. It would involve a few interviews with key
people woven together with a narrative (accompanied by photos,
graphics, archived materials, etc). Sounds easy, doesn't it ;)

It would be great to have many testimonial videos, especially from institutions. A first step would be hammering out guidelines and goals for making and collecting the individual interviews and testimonials.

> There is a real lack of video material about OOo, and a video like
> this could tell the story of OOo (and maybe even promote it a little).
> The conference might present a great opportunity to do some interviews
> in one place,

If you have some recording equipment set up for people to drop in and speak with little to no overhead effort for the interviewee, you might get a lot of people.

Perhaps some sample questions or discussion topics can be listed as well.

> but we could easily ask key people who can't make it to
> submit a short video talking about the significance of OOo to them, in
> their part of the world, etc.
>
> It would be a pretty big project, but it might be a story worth
> telling. What do you think?

Maybe the raw videos should be uploaded in an open format and available under a CC license from a central site. From there, some can be selected and edited into a project.

Florian had just mentioned some long-standing ideas about videos. Now, the hardware and software are ubiquitous and easy to use.

/Lars