HI ....Sorry for late reply..

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM, Lars Nooden <larsnoo...@openoffice.org>wrote:

> On 07/01/2010 09:12 AM, Varun Mittal wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Maybe we can make a smaller video with simple tools like Google [snip]
> > which shall stream of images. Such a video will be easy to make and we
> can
> > have more people contributing since we only need images.
>
> Images don't usually get streamed, can you elaborate on what the user
> should be able to do?  If it is online photo managment, there are better
> examples, ones that are not tied to proprietary technologies.
>
> About video upload requirements, those need to be set.
>
>  max file size (50 MB?)
>  license: CC of some kind
>  screen size max (?) / min (640x480)
>  frames per second max (30) / min (15)
>  container format: ogg, quicktime, matroska;
>        discourage mpeg; prohibit WMV and Flash
>  codec: theora, maybe mpeg4
>  aspect ratio  3:2 or 4:3 or either?
>
> For video an effort to work with Ogg Theora can be made.  That is also
> the focus of Mozilla Firefox for video.  It'd be nice to avoid H.264,
> H.263, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4

I am aware that photos can't be streamed....I meant videos comprising pics
after each other...made using simple tools like picassa etc. ...however we
can use other tools for this as well... Making a video like this is easier
and will need less time to make  as compared to someone shooting the video
and putting too many affects etc.

>  > We can have screenshots, posters, community meeting pics, release party
> > pics, ooconf pics ...
>
> The quantity could be quite overwhelming, but could be used as a pool
> from which to select images for marketing.

I agree...this precisely was my idea and  it will enable our community
members to contribute from wherever they are ......

Please feel free to ask anymore questions