Andreas, Luiz,

Let's take a step back. Obviously verbal assault does not help and
should not be tolerated. So let's breathe a bit and calm down.

Andreas, whatever your views are on what happened, please understand
that we, the people of the Document Foundation, are OpenOffice.org just
as much as you are. You may be upset about what happened, perhaps even
hate me and others, (and I understand you would be) but the fact is:
there is no other world than this one. And in this one, the
OpenOffice.org community has decided to move on to a next level, and
it's called the Document Foundation.  For the record, Oracle and the
Document Foundation are very committed to dialogue between each other,
so I'm not calling this a fork yet. And besides, when a project is
moving on while its main sponsor isn't, the fork might rather be
attributed to the latter... but I digress.

What I wanted to clarify is that it would be unwise to prohibit
discussions on the OOo lists about TDF. It would be unwise and you
would give the most blatant illustration that OOo is not a true
project, and simply a product. Both of us know that's not the right way
to work this out.

Let me stress again: we're not going to avoid this topic, and we're
going to discuss it, publicly. No chance to cut it.

Best,

Charles-H. Schulz.