What I wanted to clarify is that it would be unwise to prohibit
discussions on the OOo lists about TDF. It would be unwise and you
would give the most blatant illustration that OOo is not a true
project, and simply a product. Both of us know that's not the right way
to work this out.

nobody prohibits discussions about the relation of OpenOffice.org to it's derivatives and forks but so far it was good habbit the the work of any derived product happens elsewhere but not here. Within the OpenOffice.org we want to work on common ground, but not about strategies and deliverables of derived products like NeoOffice, OxygeneOffice, Lotus Symphony, StarOffice/Oracle Open Office, etc. So it is you trying to change the established rules of the OpenOffice.org project to promote your derivative and not the OOo project is changing it's rules,

 Martin

Best,

Charles-H. Schulz.