On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 2:37 AM, Peter Junge <p...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> [...]
>> SCALEx9. I want to put the petition even if SCALE still have not
>> finished the CFP. I submitted a couple of talks and I am still waiting
>> for the final approval. However budget processes have been a bit slow
>> lately so I want to put an early petition here.
>
> maybe the processes are slow because you are sending your request
> recurrently to the wrong address. AFAIR, Florian had mentioned this many
> times. A budget request has to raised with the budget custodian, which is
> currently me. Mailing lists are welcome to be CCed, but it's not mandatory.
>

>> Last year I participated with a lightning talk on OOo4Kids which you
>> can watch here: http://jza.blip.tv/file/3261755/
>>
>> After the talk I got to talk with the core organizers which were
>> interested into expanding the participation for communities such as
>> OOo in the US. And geared me to participate next year with a wider
>> talk about OOo/ODF etc. This year I am giving a talk on ODF with an
>> OpenGovernment angle, targeting the success stories gather from South
>> America and Europe.
>
> If we fund you to attend the SCALEx9, we have to make sure that you are
> still with OOo. I had a look at the ES project at the OOo website and I have
> to say, that there are a couple of issues puzzling me, hence I want to raise
> some concerns:
>
> Firstly, the design of http://es.openoffice.org/ is not as it should be with
> OOo. Usually one finds the main project links such as member list, mailing
> lists etc., but they are hidden. They only becoming visible after moving on
> to "Conoce OOo" or "Servicios". Being there, I have been having a look at
> "Comunidad::Listas de Correos" and got really irritated.
> apparently been dropped in preference of other mailing lists hosted as
> http://oooes.org/. I'm not in favor for such a solution, but it might still
> be a agreement of the community. However, the worst problem for me is, that
> the OOo mailing list archives are not reachable from this point. IMHO,
> that's totally inappropriate. Even more confusing is, that the d...@es
> mailing list still seems to have significant traffic, see:
> http://es.openoffice.org/servlets/BrowseList?listName=dev
> Can you please comment my above observations.
>
> Secondly, I have been visiting http://oooes.org/ then. It promotes both OOo
> and LibreOffice, which many here see as a competing product and community.
> So, if you are going to attend the SCALEx9 on behalf and the expenses of
> OOo, will yo exclusively promote OOo or will you promote the whole
> ecosystem? The flow chart (http://oooes.org/images/interacciones-oooes.png)
> on the main page looks a bit like OOoES is closer tight to the TDF and LibO,
> rather than OOo. (BTW, the way OOoES is using the new OOo logo is IMHO
> against the guidelines.)
>

>> $500 would allow me to partially pay for my travel expenses. I would
>> still need to chip from my own money to pay for hotel.
>
> Please comment on the above concerns before we proceed.

I am not sure, this is a oooES issue at all, nor was intervention at
SCALE last year. There is no business for the spanish NLC in the US.
Last year I was promoting the projects of the Education Project, being
ooo4kids. This year it will be a more technical approach than last
year -- hopefully. I dont think I ever pushed ES NLC as you might see
on the discussion from last year budget request between Cor and myself
nor on the video from the talk. So to answer your question, I probably
won't be pushing the spanish NLC at any point of the conference.

About the changes that you see, well most of them have been taken from
a community consensus on what is best for the contributors. I am not
sure if this concerns marketing project, since I really never seen the
marketing project as an auditor for what NLC groups do or dont do. I
am confused, can you please explain?

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org EspaƱol