> LibreOffice or TDF or any single company can probably provide. Figure more
than 10M USD/annum.

It wont bring in 10M but every bit helps. Give people the option to Donate
before they download. Much like visiting some Museums, if you dont have
any money, they will still let you enter and view. I am sure most folks
download without even reading "You can help"

> A split community was never an ideal situation from a simple logical point
of view

It behoves us to find ways to consolidate and pool all our resources.