adding some rendering code like supported by Gossip, and eventually adding the
rendering feature to slf4j-simple seemed sufficiently easy to give it a try:
done and was as easy as expected

Now, adding every slf4j-simple feature to Gossip require more work (it's not
simply about rendering: need to really dig into code), and is not guaranteed
to give smooth experience for everybody: the two missing features that were
reported clearly are perhaps the first two of a long list. Jason told that
these updates should be feasible, but seemed nobody really tried.

This option of keeping usual slf4j-simple with a little patch seems currently
not foolish

Regards,

Hervé