thanks for sharing what you had, this really helped me work on the topic,
testing and learning misc approaches.

Now, the first feedback we've got on slf4j-simple to Gossip provider change
is:
- mailing list: some missing features
- MNG-6044: missing documentation and integration improvements required
(config file in conf/logging)

And that was only a first feedback with a few testers: the change may cause
more feedback to manage once released.

I'm convinced the slf4j-simple monkey patch approach will avoid a lot of
change management, with a solution that is manageable (nothing complex).

Then I won't personnally put more efforts on Gossip integration: the issue is
not Gossip itself, but it's users change management. And since I found a
solution that avoids this critical issue, I prefer avoid the change.

If others want to work on it and want to manage the change, feel free to take
the job.

Really thank you Jason for sharing your work: without it, I wouldn't have done
what I did and I fear color output would still be in limbo.

Regards,

Hervé