Could you at least raise the issues that you see as blocking Gossip against
it. I presume you have them currently in your context and it would be good
to capture them now so that if somebody can add those features to Gossip
(assuming they are aligned with the direction Gossip wants to go) then we
can reconsider?

I see this change as more of a feature gap that would have blocked the
release, not a rejection of the proposal to switch to Gossip