Am 12/12/16 um 00:51 schrieb Igor Fedorenko:
> I'm traveling until next weekend and won't be able to review your changes
> properly until I'm back. I do want to stress that maven plugins are not
> dependencies, they are resolved the same way as  projects.

Master does it that way now. I may need to revert an update to an IT
tomorrow. Let's see. Please note that direct 'test' and 'provided'
dependencies of a plugin are now resolved and can lead to different
resolution results as before where they have not been resolved. So the
conflict resolver sees them now and may decide differently. The issues I
ran into this were all bugs in plugin POMs. Someone added 'commons-lang'
as a 'test' dependency to a plugin although that dependency was a
transitive dependency in 'compile' scope already, for example. That
'commons-lang' will now disappear completely from the plugin's classpath
because it will be resolved (nearest wins) and then later get filtered
out. You may need to tun Maven with -X and diff the resolution trees
from the debug messages when running into problems.

Christian