Wait. That maybe a different story. MRESOLVER-8.

<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-resolver.git;a=commitdiff;h=5907bd44682925d8ea795fcb63c39d268157a632>

The changes to 'OptionalDependencySelector' made it behave the same way
the 'ScopeDependencySelector' and other selectors are implemented. It's
a bit sad there have not been any test cases for this. The test cases
are testing the correct 1.0.x behaviour. That selector needed fixing to
behave the same way as the other selectors. That's what you get when you
cannot finish a task you started to work on a year ago. Hard to remember
where to catch up after having left things WIP for a year. The plugin
repository session in core may need to be reviewed and maybe need to be
changed to no longer make use of that optional selector to get that IT
pass. Maybe it's time to switch core to the resolver now and let Jenkins
start doing it's job. I will look into that IT once the core is using
the resolver snapshot finally. Makes no sense for everyone having to
update the POMs locally.