Am 12/10/16 um 13:39 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
> I just tested the patch associated to MNG-6110 - Upgrade Aether to Maven
> Resolver 1.2, and it caused one failure in ITs
> testit(org.apache.maven.it.MavenITmng4721OptionalPluginDependencyTest)  Time
> elapsed: 0.185 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<1> but was:<0>
>
> Is it only me?

No. If you take a look at MNG-4721, it's not quite clear what that test
case is testing. I verified the resolver is behaving correctly. That is
- it correctly does not resolve any plugin dependency with optional set
to 'true'. Here is the difference:

Maven with the Resolver < 1.2.0:

maven-plugin
|-> optional dependency A
  |-> optional dependency B

Dependency A will be resolved, although an optional transitive
dependency. Dependency B will not be resolved and that is correct,
because it also is an optional transitive dependency.

Maven with the Resolver >= 1.2.0:

maven-plugin
|-> optional dependency A
  |-> optional dependency B

Dependency A is no longer resolved because it is a transitive optional
dependency. That's the bugfix due to MRESOLVER-8. That IT should just be
updated to no longer run with Maven 3.4+ and a new one created running
with 3.4+ testing the correct behaviour. It only affects optional plugin
dependency resolution which isn't quite right in the resolver < 1.2.0.
Will do that.

> Fixing MNG-6110 is the first step before doing more changes, IMHO

I've just committed this to master now.

Christian