> sure, it would be nice to see those numbers... :)

Here we go.
The numbers below are for users who have Maven projects.
Please note that the same user can report multiple JDKs, so numbers do not
add up to 100.

For IntelliJ Ultimate, the Top 5 JDK versions are:
8  - 49.1%
17 - 37.4%
11 - 27.2%
20 - 10.5%
19 - 9.7%

For IntelliJ Community, the Top 5 JDK versions are:
17 - 31.8%
8  - 31.8%
11 - 24.6%
20 - 20.1%
19 - 10.8%

Let me know if you are interested in other data or have any other questions
about Maven integration in IntelliJ IDEA
Best regards,
--
Nikita Skvortsov
Software Developer