I vote for kill jdk8 out as to force them upgrade to 11+
________________________________
From: Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 4, 2024 10:35:55 PM
To: Maven Developers List <dev@maven.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Java version for Maven 4?

Howdy,

See Inline.

On Sun, Feb 4, 2024 at 3:01 PM Elliotte Rusty Harold <elh...@ibiblio.org>
wrote:

> I can live with Java 11 if I have to, though I really don't see the
> point. Anything past Java 11 ranges from a major hassle to blocker for
> corporate developers, including those at big tech companies like Meta
> and Google, who are stuck on older versions as a matter of policy and
> internal support.

I see no problem here, those who are stuck with Java 8, can stick (sorry
for the pun) with Maven 3.9.x forever as well.

This thread is about Maven4, and its GA is still far away, so I see no need
for it to adapt somewhere in the unknown-how-far future (once it becomes
GA) for the sake of those who are stuck in the past.

Thanks