>From my modest point of view : glued to old stack projects do not move at
all. Why move to a new maven version if the one used works?

Furthermore, I'm quite impressed by the number of projects starting in java
21 for clients I was considering really shy new adopters. Java 21 is here,
works well, and gets adopted.

Therefore, my vote goes to the current last LTS to run maven 4, a project
not even released.