On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 04:38, Maczka Michal wrote:

> Jason!
>

> It's not just a question of the "theme".
> Some organization have already their own standards which define precisly how
> their intranet pages are looking.
> Often thy have alredy hundreds of pages with spcific layout
> which is completly different then this one which proposed by maven (for
> example some of them are using html frames)
> For them it might not only be attrative but simply necessry to have much
> higher level of customization which will allow to generate what they want.

That's fine, they can use tools like StaticMesh or SiteMesh alter
anything they like, or integrate whatever portions of the maven
generated sites they like.

> I understand that you intention is to have quite simillar (standard) sites
> which are easy to browse. It's an appealing goal
> but I think that most of the users will use the default theme anyway. But if
> somebody cannot do this or he does not want he should  be
> free to go with his own solution.

They can, it's just not something I want baked in. I also say this
because the new xdoc plugin is blindingly fast because I'm directly
writing out the xhtml from xml by passing the use of any other tools
which is why it is so fast and so small. This is I will not sacrifice
for users every whim for customization. This level of customization is
entirely, and easily possibly with the StaticMesh/SiteMesh tools.

> BTW: in maven1 there are strange relations between site and xdoc plugins. We
> might imagine that somebody will be able to write his own replecment
> for xdoc plugin and use it from site plugin.

Yes, but ultimately the must conform to the xdoc style of document or
they basically get no benefit from any of the plugins that produce the
xdoc style. At any rate, these cases will be few and far between and for
those cases tools exist to munge the generated xdoc or style xhtml in
anyway shape or form.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl