I am trying to alter what is in the Navigation Menu.  I would like this to
be controlled programmatically (Jelly script) to still have consistency
with project sites generated.

Regards,

Garvin LeClaire
Anthem Inc.
Senior Technical Architect
Technology Architecture and Infrastructure
Tel: 513-336-3305

                      Jason van Zyl

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       Maven Developers List
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      g>                       cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: xdoc with custom
templates and/or navigation
                      05/05/2004 10:30

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "Maven Developers

                      List"

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 08:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Is there a recommended way to modify the navigation menu?

I don't know what you're trying to do. If you're changing the structure
of the xhtml then you can take a look at:

http://www.pols.co.uk/downloads/static-mesh/

The primary goals of the new xdoc plugin are speed and efficient use of
memory where themes are control entirely via css, not changing the
structure of the output.

So using something like Jelly/JSL I'm not even vaguely considering
because we can't even generate the plugin site without it crapping out.
If there is something that is comensurable with the goals of speed and
efficiency then I would incorporate it. There are some things that Joe
Walnes is working on in XStream for doing XML transformations in an
extremely efficient manner so that I would possibly incorporate.

Another option would be to use SiteMesh:

http://www.opensymphony.com/sitemesh/

If you are trying to incorporate a Maven site into your corporate
website. A general tool could probably be made for this where all you
would be responsible for is making a decorator to mutate the maven xhtml
to whatever you need to display to make your pointy haired bosses happy.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
all copies of the original message.