> That whats tough about Sun releasing jars as a standard. Where should
> the api's be stored! Ultimately, I believe there are distribution
> "clauses" in the lisences for these things that allow us to distribute
> them in Apache software, this should also probibly apply to the
> repository as well.

If we can, then definitely one copy. I even think putting them all in a "Sun JARs"
groupID for
now is worthwhile to make sure they stay the same.

I think the Maven PMC can take another look at this and see where we are at.

> Like Brett said, we just don't have the transition to those naming
> conventions stablized yet (sigh) is a very painfull transition that is

This will definitely happen on the Maven end some time this year. I'm not sure how we
are
going to transition old apps to the new repo format (haven't discussed that yet).
We'll at
least have a new copy of the repo set up.

Just on the point of this URL from your other email:
org/apache/jakarta/commons/collections/1.0.1/commons-collections-1.0.1.jar.
vs
org/apache/jakarta/commons/collections/1.0.1/collections-1.0.1.jar.

The artifactID is the choice of the project, as they "own" the groupID. I'd suggest
keeping
commons-collections, as this is the filename used later. That would be the name when
it is
bundled into a WAR, for example, and it is how they are named now.

Cheers,
Brett