Just a suggestion, that may be a bad idea...

What about setting groupid to "taglibs/standard" ?
That may allow using a more hierarchical repository (www.ibiblio.org/maven has so much
directories...)

repository_root
    - taglibs
        - standard
            - <artifact_type = jars>
                - artifact-version.jar
        - string

I've tried it with maven 1.0RC4 and it works !

Nico.

> I thought I should discuss a little further since Mark disagrees on some points here.
>
> > +1 The decision on which structure to use should be more dependent on
> > the "type" of group structure you have. If you expect the various
> > "subgroups" of your group to be releasing on separate schedules and/or
> > have new sub-groups created, then I would recommend you place the
> > artifacts into their own project directories. This way the various
> > groups can maintain separate directory structures with separate
> > contents, which will be easier to manage.
>
> I couldn't parse this statement at all (no coffee :), so sorry if I'm on the wrong
> track with
> what you said. I don't see what the release schedule has to do with the directory
> structure.
> Releasing is pushing to a directory and you don't need to do anything there after
> that.
>
> Perhaps it would be best if you could reply to anything you don't agree with on my
> other
> email just sent as a starting point for a discussion.
>
> > > 2.(In case one directory wins previous poll)
> > > [ ] +1 Use new directory 'jakarta-taglibs
> > >    Advantage: better identify which taglibs that group refers too
> > >    Disadvantage: replication of existing directory ('taglibs')
> >
> > +1 just because an old directory exists, doesn't mean that you as the
> > individual managing taglibs maven release can't choose a new one, your
> > the "canonical" source for these files. 'taglibs' is very generic.
>
> I agree on this point, I just know that we have a plan to resolve this issue, so
> would prefer
> that it stay the same now. Having said that, if you desperately want
> jakarta-taglibs, that's
> a non-issue for me really.
>
> > > [ ] +1 Use existing directory 'taglibs'
> > >    Advantage: no replication of existing directory
> > >    Disadvantage: name is too generic
> >
> > -1 I agree, we see this problem arise in other areas of the repository,
> > if it can be cleaned out, (or deprecated as the other thread suggests,
> > that would be good)
>
> As above, since no deprecation is available, I think it is better to keep this for
> now.
>
> Thanks!
> - Brett

Our name has changed.  Please update your address book to the following format:
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part
thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete all  copies of this message.