Hi Stephen,

I think this situation is best covered by publishing to different repositories for each, and then only utilising the remote repositories appropriate when building. IF you happen to specify more than one remote repository, you get the newest which should be correct.

There are two things we are aiming highly to do:
- reduce clutter in the POM (by making sure it is both concise and has sensible defaults)
- ensure dependency specifications match or are closely tied to the project definition so that IDs can be matched.

This is why model changes in general, but dependencies in particular, get heavy scrutiny before inclusion.

Cheers,
Brett