Maczka Michal wrote on Tuesday, November 23, 2004 12:00 PM:

> [...]
[snip]

>> I noticed that Jörg Schaible's post kinda made the same point with
>> the suggestion of a <repository> tag in the dependency element.
>>
>> Hows does any of this fit into"in situ" artifacts?
>
> In situ artifact won't be that helpful in that case if it
> comes to speed of processing.
>
> Other m2 feature might be helpful - you can define a
> repositories per project basis. IT means that each pom can
> contain the location from which corresponding jar should be
> taken and you just need to push your poms to right repositoriy(ies)

How does this help if your project relies on OSS and proprietary artifacts? How
can I configure Maven to look for the proprietary artifacts (SNAPSHOT or not)
only in the local repo? The current approach seems to be "look in any repo and
take the newest"... Additionally since the availability of ibiblio was
mensioned .. how is it impacted currently on all those thousand users with
properietary artifacts already? It would be interesting to see some statistics
for http://www.ibiblio.or/maven with 404 response.

- Jörg