On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 12:17, Stephen Nesbitt wrote:

> Not sure I follow here. Most of the time developers will work
> against the artifacts in the QA repository.

I'm watching this conversation but I'll jump in here with a question.
Why do you need a separate repository for QA artifacts? At the moment
I'm doing some analysis in a development centre that has your typical
dev/QA/Production setup and I don't see a need for a separate repository
per se.

> In some instances they
> will want to work against QA artifacts except for those artifacts
> associated with a specific group (or possibly a specific artifact).
> Using a simple list of repositories with first one that matches
> wins won't work(unless there is a way to tag an artifact with a
> user specified identifier)

Why does it need to be so complicated. Sorry, I just find that people
tend to make things more complicated for themselves than required. So
you need to use artifacts produced by QA: it's certainly not a technical
requirement that they be in a separate repository. Are you dealing with
policy here? I'm just curious because I have some of the same problems
to deal with where I am at the moment.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl