Piéroni Raphaël wrote:
2006/2/7, Brett Porter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Piéroni Raphaël wrote:
The programs which needs to be created are :
- the crawler which reads the poms from a local or remote repository.
called
from command line. outputs the fact base in a file.
You should definitely peek into the maven-repository-manager in the SVN
repo. We already have a tree walker and reports that analyse poms for
this information. I'd like to see anything added done there if possible.

Thanks i downloaded yesterday the components/trunk but guessed which library
to use.

Issue, is the prolog approach a correct one ?
    for : the queries are quite easy to create and the answers are
complete.
    for : I know some bit of prolog and always liked this language.
    against : querying the facts is quite slow.
If it's the right tool for the job, go for it, though I know nothing
about it.

I don't know if it is the right tool. i jumped on Steve proposition as i was
found of prolog during my school years.

I don't know if it is right either. One good reason for not using it, but for sticking in java, is ease of integration with the existing maven codebase; nobody could add anything that depended on GPL code to the repository, even LGPL is a bit sensitive.

all the same, if you are doing graph work, it is the language to use. Its a lot more painful to do in java. Which reminds me, I have work to do...

-steve