Hi,

I was just looking at the wiki for the 2.1 design stuff and was wondering if we could use a common format for each issue? I was thinking that we may borrow from a Pattern Language and for each issue have a Context, Problem, Solution, and maybe Implementation Details. So for something like having selectable project builders based on version:

Context: We'll soon have multiple versions of the POM and we need an easy way to select the project builder based on version.

Problem: Right now the project version used is hardwired and there is no way to inspect the POM to select a project builder and Plexus has no easy way to facilitate this either.

Solution: Implement selectors in Plexus where a component implementation can be selected based on custom logic. So in the case of the project builder our selector could consume a few bytes of the POM to determine which version it is and select accordingly.

Implementation Details

I think this would make it easier for each person to grok if we had a common pattern. And common patterns is what we're about.

Then we could provide a template and prepare for the design discussions we are going to have next week (which we should post about to let other people submit stuff).

Once everything was there I was think that we might implement a queue of issues to be worked on. Often I think someone has an idea and no one else responds because they are busy doing other shit and can't change channels. I think if we have 5 issues in the "deal with this" queue which is first come first served where new issues can't enter the queue until one of the issues is resolved. This way we don't can move between a small set of issues but they get resolved and avoid having 10 things on the table as humans don't deal with more then 5 things at a time very well. It will also make everyone focus on the issues in the queue because nothing else can be discussed unless it's in the queue and the queue doesn't free a spot until something in the queue is resolved. Will prevent the "Hello? Is anyone there" type situations.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]