From: Kevin Menard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:09 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: RE: Remove auto-resolution of plugin versions from Maven 2.1

Right.

My point is that regardless of what the original intention may have
been, the current process facilitates laziness via SNAPSHOTs.  Without
them, incremental builds would be necessary, which would give fixed
version numbers with known binaries.

If the plan is to take actions to help prevent users from having things
break on them, this may be easier than the path you outlined.

--
Kevin