On Sunday 17 June 2007 20:28, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> It won't work on the assemblies anyway because that's not the name we
> use for distribution so the signatures would not be correct. They
> have to be taken as they are built with the final name and those are
> signed. Something I need to bring up as a best practice discussion.
> They way we do things currently we cannot do a release from end to
> end. The assembly we make are "maven-core" or "maven-embedder" when
> they are deployed to the repository. The module making the assembly
> must be named "maven" if we want it to work. Or we need to be able to
> make the assembly from the top-level directory like we do for the
> source assembly.

Technically, if you follow all the latest legal discussions and stuff,
the name of the tgz/zip should be "apache-maven-2.0.7" which would allow
to use an artifactId of apache-maven.     We just changed over to that
format for CXF.     That way the signatures are all OK as is.    (The
directory it extracts to should also be apache-maven)

> > As I understood it, you weren't going to do anything from the
> > branch again. If I'd known that, I'd have suggested you stage and
> > release the parent too.
> >
> > I'll call a vote on it today.
>
> There is something wrong with the remote resources plugin as
> specified in the parent POM. It passes in
> org.apache.maven.model.Repository to the artifact resolution
> mechanism when it expects an ArtifactRepository which leads to a CCE.
> So it's not ready to go out yet.

That's a new one.   A bunch of use have been using the RR plugin without
that error.   That said, I think the maven parent is still locking down
to a relatively old version which had a bunch of other issues with NPE's
and such when there are SNAPSHOTS.    Have you tried with one of the
newer versions of RR?

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer