On Sep 1, 2007, at 10:53 PM, Brett Porter wrote:

[ X] (A) Having a way to include a set of plugins in one small POM fragment would be a useful feature to have (if you have a use case other than the already stated "standard plugins", please specify)
[ ] (B) Pasting a snippet in from the web site is sufficient
[ ] (C) No opinion
[ ] (D) Undecided
[ ] (E) Other (please specify)

It seems to me that standardizing and releasing these snippets will be absolutely required in the very largest of environments, where development is highly distributed geographically, etc. etc.

Also, in cases where it doesn't quite work to have only one plugin version specified one time in a single org pom for all projects everywhere for all time.

IMO, we should pursue standardization of any boilerplate code, including standard additions to the POM...it doesn't preclude using snippets, for one thing. Also, it provides a lot more flexibility to do things like publish your own standardized (and maintained) suite of plugins as yet another open source offering for others to use. This will only serve to further stabilize Maven users' lives.

-john

---
John Casey
Committer and PMC Member, Apache Maven