On 9/10/07, Jason van Zyl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We definitely want to control how snippets are pulled in and used. I
> wouldn't turn on general XML includes as we'll end up with the mess
> we had in Maven 1.x.

I must admit, that I can't follow you here. What to you mean by "the
mess we had in Maven 1.x"? Note, that the situation is quite different
here, because the inclusions result would still produce a POM with
exactly the same structure than we have now.

Do you believe, that implementing a different inclusion mechanism (for
example "plugin pack") for every suitable situation, including more
complex semantics, is better?

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)