On 08/09/2007, at 10:37 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

On 7 Sep 07, at 5:16 PM 7 Sep 07, Brett Porter wrote:

file:// ?

I also know of some wagon-scm + SVN uses (though they could download over HTTP).

Right, deployment is a different story. I use the wagon-scm stuff for audit trail and deploy there. I'm talking strictly about pulling.

But if anyone is using something other than svn for the scm backend they might not have the same option.

I'd be hesitant to remove this without doing some decent polling of users (and probably a deprecation cycle).

Yah, this is just based on comments from Greg and people I've asked since that discussion. I have seen questions on the user list regarding pulling from things other then non-http but I can barely remember any of them. And anyone I've asked doesn't even know we support anything else other then http/https.

Sorry, could you point me at that discussion? I'm drawing a blank. Need to buy more RAM for my brain :)

- Brett

--
Brett Porter - [EMAIL PROTECTED]